The Rabbit Wants to Eat the Grass Next Door - 14

Chapter 14

The game is over and they won.

Jian Yan raised her eyebrows at the man next to him, "How about it, do you want me to take you to play another round?"

"You are so inflated, huh?" He Yuan frowned and said calmly, "Just a few more rounds and I won't let you know how to write MVP."

"Hehe, no one can beat you for MVP in League of Legends, but that's not necessarily true for King of Glory!"

"Then just wait and see."

“Let's see, let's play again!” Jian Yan angrily planned to start another round, but at this moment, a phone call came in.

"Who is this?" The most annoying thing is that someone calls when you are about to start playing a game. When Jian Yan answered the call, her tone is not friendly, "Hello?"

"Jian Yan, where are you?!"

He Yuan watched every move of the woman in front of him, and of course he also saw her change from a domineering look to a wilted ball.

Heh, coward.

As expected of an actress, her expressions are so rich that she can make several sets of emoticons.

"Ah...Sister Yang, what's the matter?" Jian Yan had fun and completely forgot about her manager Fang Yang.

“You still ask me what's the matter, of course I'm looking for you, such a good banquet, where did you go?”

"I...I'm a little uncomfortable. I'm resting in the back hall."

"You're not feeling well? What's wrong with you? I'm gonna come and get you."

"No, no, no, I'll just come over by myself." Jian Yan stood up, gestured to the door to He Yuan, and walked out while talking, "I'm in a lounge... Just the back hall... No need. You don't have to come to pick me up... Oh, why can’t I get out? You’re such a crazy person!”

……

When Jian Yan left, the lounge became much quieter. He Yuan looked at the place where he was sitting just now, and then turned his eyes to the screen of his mobile phone.

Play one more game?

But without that person’s nagging, it seems that he doesn’t want to play that much anymore.

He Yuan put down his cell phone, and at this moment, the door to the lounge was pushed in.

"You've been waiting for a long time," the visitor smiled apologetically at him, "Let's go, we can go home."

He Yuan frowned, "Didn't you say that you have something to say in person? Why do I have to go home?"

He Yuanjia clicked his tongue and sat down next to him, "Our parents are at home today and they ordered me to take you back. I dare not disobey."

“No, I have to go back to the base.”

“Back to what base? I'm giving you a vacation as the DSG club boss, you have to go home today anyway.”

He Yuanjia was coldly glanced at by He Yuan after he finished speaking, He Yuanjia coughed, “Okay, okay, you give your brother a face, okay? If I can't take you home today, I can't imagine how mom will nag me.”

He Yuan snorted coldly, "I think you're afraid that Mom will nag you about your romantic affairs, so you want me to divert her attention."

He Yuanjia blinked and sighed, "My brother knows me better!"

He Yuan, "...get out."

***

At the end of the week, Fang Yang came to school to pick up Jian Yan and take her home.

When she got into the car, she heard someone calling her.

"Senior, it's you." Jian Yan looked at the woman getting out of the car beside her and smiled politely.

The visitor’s name is Song Nanzi, who is two years ahead of Jian Yan and is also a student in the school’s performance class. Song Nanzi has filmed many films, but has always been in a third-tier position and has stagnated.

Jian Yan and her have always disliked each other. Song Nanzi is unhappy with her because she thinks that Jian Yan relies on her background to be domineering in the entertainment industry, while Jian Yan hates her because Song Nanzi always does extreme things by any means in order to get a role.

"What a coincidence, are you leaving because you have work?" Song Nanzi asked with a smile.

"No, I'm just going home."

Song Nanzi nodded and suddenly said, "Oh, by the way, I heard Yuanjia said that he invited you to the celebrity charity e-sports competition?"

Yuanjia ...... The news that broke online that Song Nanzi and He Yuanjia, the young master of the Kaixi Group, were dating was indeed true.

Jian Yan, "Yes, that's right."

Song Nanzi chuckled, "I've always heard Yuanjia tell me how great you are, I didn't realize that you're also good at playing online games."

"I started playing online games a few years ago," she said simply and indifferently, "Senior sister is also very good. You have put so much effort into learning League of Legends. I even heard that someone was specially hired to teach you."

He Yuanjia likes to play games. Several of his previous girlfriends were related to e-sports. Some were anchors and some were commentators... Jian Yan's roommate said that Song Nanzi practiced League of Legends hard to get close to He Yuanjia. 

Song Nanzi's expression changed when she heard what she said, but she quickly returned to her normal expression, "Then we'll meet on the field then and let's see... who wins and who loses."

Jian Yan raised her eyebrows and said, "Okay, senior sister, you must work hard. In fact, this is a charity event. It doesn't matter if you win or lose."

"You……"

"Goodbye, senior sister." She simply didn't bother to talk to her, waved and got in the car.

When Jian Yan left, Song Nanzi's face suddenly turned cold.

In the past few days, He Yuanjia had been talking about Jian Yan when they talk about online games, saying that it was rare to find a female celebrity who played the game as well as she did.

What's so rare about that? If you want to be good at it, just practice more. This time, let's show him who is the one who plays well.

***

After dropping off Jian Yan at home, Fang Yang left.

Jian Yan took a shower, changed into homely clothes, and went downstairs to get food from the refrigerator.

"D*mn, where's my yogurt." The refrigerator was empty, and a bunch of snacks she bought a few days ago were gone.

Jian Yan slammed the refrigerator door, dragged her slippers on, and walked out of the door without hesitation.

There was a knock on the door across the road. After a while, someone came to open the door, "Miss Jian, it's you."

The person who opened the door was Aunt Jiang, who cooked and cleaned for the base. Seeing her standing at the door, she came in enthusiastically, "Is Miss Jian here to see Brother Nine?"

“Uh-huh.”

"Have you eaten yet? We are just about to start dinner. Miss Jian, let's eat together."

Before Jian Yan could answer, she saw Jian Boyi coming over with a chicken wing in his mouth, "Aunt Jiang, you don't have to ask her to eat with us. With her appetite, I'm afraid we won't have enough for dinner today."

The corners of Jian Yan's eyebrows twitched, and she almost took off her slippers and threw them over, "Jian Boyi, did you take the snacks I bought?"

"Snacks? Oh, you mean the ones we have at home."

"What else?!"

"I took them."

Jian Yan glared, "Is your base mistreating you? You still have to move goods all the way?"

Jian Boyi shrugged, "It's not that far away, it's just across the street."

Jian Yan rolled her eyes and said, "I don't care, just give me back my yogurt."

Jian Boyi finished chewing the chicken wings and handed over a bone, "I don't have any yogurt, but do you want this?"

"Jian Boyi!!"

"Oh, I really didn't touch your yogurt.!"

"I don't believe you."

If they were at home, she would have grabbed Jian Boyi by the collar and beat her wildly. However, this was at the base, so she had to have some image!

"If you don't believe me, you have to believe the boss. Look at him!" Jian Boyi suddenly pointed his finger to the side.

Jian Yan paused and looked in his direction.

At this time, He Yuan happened to pass by them, holding a straw in his mouth, and what he was holding was the imported yogurt she entrusted someone to bring back from abroad.

"..."

When He Yuan saw the two people's gazes, he relaxed and asked with some confusion, "What are you looking at?"

Jian Yan pointed to the yogurt in his hand, "...Is there any more?"

He Yuan didn't know why, so he answered honestly, "This? It should be the last bottle in the refrigerator."

Jian Yan glanced at his mouth and gave Jian Boyi a resentful look. Jian Boyi shrank back and said hurriedly, "You saw it, the boss drank it. I didn't touch it."

"You want to drink it too?" He Yuan approached and naturally put the yogurt into Jian Yan's hand, "It's quite delicious. I'll give the rest to you."

"???"

Jian Yan stared blankly at the yogurt in her hand, and even before her face started to turn red because of the "yogurt he drank", he realized that this bottle seemed a bit too light.

It seems to be...empty!

At this time, He Yuan had already walked to the dining table and was about to eat. He looked back at the two of them and said seriously, "Have you finished drinking? Throw away the garbage when you're done. Come and eat."

"!!!"

D*mn! Am I a f*cking walking trash can?!

For the first time in DSG's base, Jian Yan was eating with all the team members. Don't say, if this was before, she would have never thought of it.

"By the way, have you been filming recently? You haven't been home for a long time." Lin Mao asked.

"No, I'm at school."

"Oh... Oh, by the way, when I went back to my hometown during the Chinese New Year, I showed my family a photo of the two of us. They were all so jealous!"

“Eh?”

“You acted in a TV drama, my relatives have watched it, they all like you very much.” Lin Mao said cheerfully, “Why don't you sign a few autographs for me later, and I'll send it back to them?”

"Ah... no problem."

Jian Boyi picked up another big chicken drumstick and said vaguely while eating, "Your family's preferences are the same as yours, clear and strange."

Jian Yan, "Hey! I have a lot of fans following me, okay? What do you know!"

"I really don't understand," Jian Boyi suddenly pinched He Yuan's arm, "Boss, tell me, what's so interesting about this little girl's movie, right?"

He Yuan's hand holding the chopsticks paused.

Jian Yan stepped on Jian Boyi under the table, but her mind involuntarily went to He Yuan, waiting for his answer inexplicably nervously.

"En." It was a very flat voice, as if it was just a perfunctory response, and it also seemed like an honest answer.

But no matter which one it was, because of this “En”, Simply put, a heart smashed directly from the clouds to the ground. There was a muffled sound, not too loud, but a real crack.

"Tch, who wants you guys to chase after her? She is so cute, of course only those of us with good taste can chase her." Lin Mao smiled and looked at Jian Yan, "Goddess! Don't worry, I will definitely hold on to my position as the president of your fan club, I will not waver!”

 Jian Yan smiled at Lin Mao and pretended to be relaxed, "You have a good eye."

After saying that, she lowered her head and took a mouthful of food, frowning slightly where no one saw it.

I...why do I feel a little hurt? Isn't it because He Yuan answered "En".

What's the big deal?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Veterinarian (1v1) (H)

The Male Protagonist K*dnapped the Wrong Person - 1

The Male Protagonist K*dnapped the Wrong Person (1v1) (H)